Deer Creek Station
Deer Creek Station, which once stood on the site of present-day Glenrock, Wyo., near the confluence of Deer Creek and the North Platte River, was the location of stagecoach, telegraph, pony express and military stations and a was an important stopping place along the Oregon-California-Mormon Trail between 1857 and 1866. The Brigham Young (BYX) Mail Station and, soon afterward, the Upper Platte Indian Agency were located about 3 ½ miles upstream along Deer Creek. Nothing remains of the Lutheran mission that was located two miles further west from 1859 to 1864.
A historical marker is located in downtown Glenrock on the east side of South 4th Street (Business Route 25), at the corner of Cedar Street.