Toomey’s Mills/the Old Mill Inn
Toomey’s Mills/the Old Mill Inn, 500 W. Main Street: In 1905, George C. Getchell built a flour mill in the middle of Newcastle, which was later purchased by D.J. Toomey and became known as Toomey’s Mills. It produced flour products, gaining notoriety for its Toomey’s Flapjack Flour, until the mill ceased operations in 1965. In the 1970s, it was converted into a restaurant and bar called The Old Mill Inn, enjoying local popularity until it closed in 2010. The property was placed on the National Historical Register in 2008, and in 2011 was purchased by Maverick, Inc., which owns a number of gas stations and convenience stores around the West.