WyoHistory.org

The Online Encyclopedia of Wyoming History

Cambria Casino/Flying V Lodge

Cambria Casino/Flying V Lodge

Cambria Casino, known to locals as the Flying V Lodge, was added to the National Historical Register in 1980. It was a hotel, dance hall and recreational area beginning in 1927, and more recently was a restaurant and inn. That business closed in the early 2000s, but the Tudor Revival-style building, now operated as a commercial hunting lodge remains on the original site approximately eight miles north of Newcastle on state Highway 85.