The Brinton Museum
The Brinton Museum is about three miles south of Big Horn. The museum is the Quarter Circle A Ranch’s old ranch house, built by William Moncreiffe in 1892. Renovated and expanded in 1927 by Bradford Brinton, it was opened to the public as a memorial to Western art and history through the will of his sister, Helen Brinton, in 1961. The Brintons’ collection, on display in its original setting, includes splendid artwork by Charles M. Russell, Frederic Remington, Edward Borein, Frank Tenney Johnson, Hans Kleiber & Bill Gollings and many others. The museum also includes Native American artifacts. The museum is closed most of the winter. For more information, call 307-672-3173 or visit the website linked above.