One of the oldest buildings in the Star Valley region, the church is located in the community of Auburn about five miles northwest of Afton. Settlers built it of rock in 1889. Mormons used this church for generations for worship and social gatherings. In 1985, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. It’s now owned by the Star Valley Historical Society, and locals produce plays on local history there every summer.